Each of you will read and share at least one non-fiction piece (news article, story published in an online magazine – NOT simply information) with some connection to Brave New World. You must post a link to the article here as a “comment” (click on “Leave a comment” above), along with your name. Whether you are logged in or not, be sure your name accompanies your comment.
Once you have posted, be patient. I must approve it before it appears on the site.
For your final presentation assignment, present your article to the class with the following information:
- Explain the connection to Brave New World.
- Give a short summary of the piece (article, essay, etc.) you read.
- Did you encounter any vocabulary words which were new or difficult?
- What was the main point the author wanted you to get from reading his/her work?
- With which points of the piece did you agree or find easy to accept? Why?
- With which points of the piece did you disagree or find difficult to believe? Why?
- What did you think of this piece? OR How did this piece influence your ideas?
- Comment on the responses posted by your peers.
Some suggested topics:
- “test tube” babies
- Technological advancements
- New products
- Birth and death
- Stress or other “human” phenomena
- People “locked away” or separated from society
- Use/abuse of drugs, effects on society
- The “War on Drugs”
- Articles on social classes in our society
- Articles about education in our society