As an affiliate school of the Gilder Lehrman Institute, you are qualified to participate in an essay contest.
The Age of Revolution Essay Contest encourages high school students to examine the transformations in social and political ideas and movements from the late 1600s to the early 1800s.
Develop an original essay based on a primary source document in the Sid Lapidus ’59 Collection on Liberty and the American Revolution at Princeton University. Detailed information about the contest is provided in the 2015–2016 Age of Revolution Guidelines packet.
- $1,000 to each of the top ten students and $500 to each winner’s school
- One Slavery and Abolition History in a Box to each winner’s school
- The 2015–2016 Age of Revolution Essay Contest is open to high school students (grades 9–12) in Gilder Lehrman Affiliate Schools. (AST has been an Affiliate School since 2012!)
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 11, 2016.
- Detailed information, contest forms, a scoring rubric, and other important details on submissions can be found in the 2015–2016 Age of Revolution Guidelines packet (PDF).